Equal Justice on the Left

I remember when Air America first came on. I was working at a different charity at that time and used to stream it, especially Al Franken, almost every day. But the afternoon was Randi Rhodes, and from the very beginning she impressed me as nothing more than a left-wing version of Rush Limbaugh. I had the same reaction to the first sound of her voice that I used to have when I would fall asleep on the couch and awaken to the first bars of “Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!”.

Move as quickly as possible to the off button.

Well I gave up on AA some time ago, thanks in no small part to Randi, so I didn’t cry any tears to read this week that she has been suspended from the station because of some REALLY across the line vitriol spewed at Hillary recently. Via the Huffington Post:

Air America host Randi Rhodes called both Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Clinton
"whores" in a recent appearance. Rhodes, who hosts a weekday radio show on Air
America, said to the cheering crowd, "What a whore Geraldine Ferraro is! She's
such a fucking whore!" She then proceeded to say, "Hillary is a big fucking
whore, too" to a mixed audience reaction. "You know why she's a big fucking
whore? Because her deal is always, 'Read the fine print, asshole!'"


Are we supposed to react differently because Randi calls herself a liberal? I didn’t listen to Imus either but I sure wanted him to be held to account. I think our collective tolerance for this kind of vile invective has coarsened our culture and contributed to the ascendency of stupid. And I will be posting a lot about the culture of stupid.

Since this is supposed to be an action blog, here is the comment link to Air America for those who might like to lodge an opinion.

No comments: