TGIAD

Thank God I’m a Democrat!

I may have a distorted impression of tonight’s Democratic debate, because I tuned in late. Apparently I was lucky enough to miss the most baiting, Republican-framed questions from the “moderators”, as well as the most aggressive exchanges between the candidates. Apparently ABC decided to divide the debate in two: the cheap crap half and the policy half. I will sleep grateful that I missed the first half.

But while the rest of the netroots is piling on ABC, and their atrocious handling of their role, I have to tell you that my first reaction was delight in watching both of these candidates. What a sadly sweet thing it was to hear two extremely intelligent people lay out their understanding of the challenges we face putting this republic back together after the wantonly destructive years of Bush. Sadly sweet, because its sad to realize how hungry we are for intelligent adult conversation in the political realm. Screw the intricacies of their positions. Just listening to these two – and comparing them to the pathetic excuses for leadership that we have settled for over the last 7+ years – made be proud to be a Democrat.

Although I continue to believe that Hillary would be a more effective President, I no longer truly care who wins. I will be proud to wave the banner for either of our potential nominees. They so out-class the Republicans.

No comments: